mBank is a growing company seeking an experienced professional for the position of Vice President of Accounting & Reporting to join our team in Marquette, Michigan. This is a new position within our company. The successful candidate will report to the Senior Vice President-Controller and Executive Vice President-Chief Financial Officer.
If you have experience in finance and accounting, we have a great career opportunity for you. This position is responsible for the accounting functions of the bank including general accounting, internal and external reporting, and ensuring compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.
If you have the following traits, this job may be for you:
- 5+ years of progressive business experience in finance or accounting preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, or an equivalent field is required.
- CPA or advanced degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- Experience working with financial institution accounting a bonus.
- Understand the importance of working in a team environment that actively participates in the leadership team.
- Ability to serve as a technical accounting leader in our company by staying current on new accounting developments and how they impact our organization.
- Ability to effectively communicate to a variety of audiences and analyze complex accounting and business scenarios.
- Strong accounting software background required along with advanced Excel skills.
- Possess strong problem-solving skills and a work ethic that is flexible and takes initiative.
Compensation/Benefits. The position offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, career growth possibilities, and most of all, one culture that fosters a positive work atmosphere with a Bank focused on community banking.
Interested? Apply online at mbank.hirescore.com
EEO, VETS, Disability, VEVRAA Federal Contractor