Auto-Pro Glass & Tire, a full-service glass, tire and automotive repair facility, seeks a motivated Tire Repair Technician to join their team in Houghton, Michigan. If you’re able to follow directions and work with little to no supervision, we want to hear from you!
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE TIRE REPAIR TECHNICIAN.
- Raise vehicles using hydraulic jacks.
- Unbolt/remove wheels from vehicles using lug wrenches or other hand/power tools.
- Remount wheels onto vehicles; reassemble tires onto wheels.
- Place wheels on balancing machines to determine counterweights required to balance wheels; hammer required counterweights onto rims of wheels.
- Identify tire size and ply; inflate tires accordingly.
- Replace valve stems and remove puncturing objects.
- Locate punctures in tubeless tires by visual inspection or by immersing inflated tires in water baths and observing air bubbles.
- Seal punctures in tubeless tires by inserting adhesive material and expanding rubber plugs into punctures, using hand tools.
- Inspect tire casings for defects such as holes or tears.
- Separate tubed tires from wheels using rubber mallets, metal bars or mechanical tire changers.
- Glue tire patches over ruptures in tire casings, using rubber cement.
- Buff defective areas of inner tubes, using scrapers.
- Inflate inner tubes and immerse them in water to locate leaks.
- Prepare rims and wheel drums for reassembly by scraping, grinding, or sandblasting.
- Assist mechanics; perform various mechanical duties (change oil, check/replace batteries).
- Rotate tires to different positions on vehicles using hand tools.
- Clean and tidy up the shop.
- Clean sides of whitewall tires.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Starting wage of $10 - $14 per hour, based on your knowledge and experience, with opportunity to grow within our company. In addition, our team enjoys performance incentives, a SIMPLE IRA, supplemental insurance, paid vacation and paid holidays, ample training, and is provided a full set of professional-grade tools to use onsite. The ideal candidate works 8am – 5pm Monday through Friday and occasionally on Saturdays.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL. The Auto-Pro Tire Repair Technician has an exceptional work ethic, is trustworthy and reliable, and is committed to providing top-notch service to our staff, customers and vendors. To succeed, an applicant has:
- Previous work experience repairing, replacing, mounting and rotating vehicle tires, desired, however, we will train an entry level technician who demonstrates a passion for our business and the work we do.
- Mechanics experience, a bonus.
- Ability to use shop computers necessary for diagnostics.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with attention to detail and pride in your work.
- Ability to work under time constraints to ensure deadlines are met.
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license, required.
INTERESTED? Apply online at autopro.sdsjobs.com.
No phone calls or walk-ins please. Position open until filled.
Learn more about us at autoproglass.com