Anderson, Tackman & Company CPAs, a well-established, full-service accounting firm, seeks an experienced Tax Preparer to join our team in Escanaba, Michigan.
WHAT YOU’LL DO.
- Sort and prepare incoming tax work for scan process to assist in tax preparation.
- Input of scanned source documents to tax software for individuals, businesses, non-profits, and trusts and estates.
- Self-review work for accuracy.
- Follow company processes for workflow, documenting and follow-up of missing information.
- Communicate with clients and CPAs regarding missing information.
- Communicate with other tax preparers.
- Analyze client tax situations and offer professional advice.
- Tax Research, as needed.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Starting salary of $30,000 - $60,000 annually, based on your knowledge and experience. In addition, we offer medical, vision, dental, 401(k) retirement plan, performance incentives, life insurance, paid vacation, sick time and holidays, continuing professional education along with the opportunity to advance your career within our company.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL AS OUR TAX PREPARER.
- 3 or more years’ experience in preparing individual and business tax returns required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred.
- CPA or EA license a bonus.
- Demonstrated proficiency with business accounting software (i.e. QuickBooks, Sage, Thompson Reuters Ultra Tax) and Microsoft Office software required.
- Exceptional time management skills with an ability to organize and prioritize projects and meet deadlines.
- You are a stickler for details.
- Willingness to stay current on developing tax law.
- Ability to maintain and promote a positive attitude and work environment.
INTERESTED IN JOINING US? Apply online at atc.hirescore.com
No phone calls, emails or walk-ins please.