Signature Research (SGR) continues to grow and seeks a highly-motivated intern or part-time Systems/Network Administrator to join our multi-disciplinary team in Calumet, Michigan.
Who should apply? If you are a good communicator, quality driven, attentive to details, and enjoy working on ambitious projects with smart teammates, we want to hear from you!
As the Systems/Network Administrator, you will work supporting Department of Defense (DoD) programs in the evaluation of signature management technologies, virtual and dynamic scene generation, analytical software development, aided and automated target recognition, machine learning applications, and data collection design and development.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE SYSTEM/NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR.
- Assist in daily user support and server maintenance.
- Assist in network, server and host hardware acquisitions, installation, configuration and life-cycle.
- Assist in design/integration of IT systems supporting DevOps, business management and integrated networks.
- Interface with a variety of commercial and government owned software systems.
COMPENSATION/SCHEDULE. Starting wage of $18 - $35 per hour, based on your knowledge and experience. This position is open to interns or someone looking to work part-time flexible hours; for the right person, this could become a full-time position.
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory Administration.
- Dynamic and flexible professional manner, strong desire to learn, accountability for actions, and excellent communications skills.
- Ability to work independently and closely with other professionals in a fast-paced office setting.
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Great attention to detail, ability to organize/prioritize multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs., stoop, bend and reach for extended periods of time.
DESIRED ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience in enterprise network administration.
- Linux system administration experience.
- Docker experience.
- Ansible experience.
INTERESTED? Apply online at signatureresearch.sdsjobs.com. No phone calls or walk-ins please.
ABOUT THE COMPANY. SGR is a small, high-tech business with offices currently in Calumet, Michigan and Navarre, Florida. We specialize in multi-spectral target and background signature data collection, analysis, modeling and simulation, software development, and operational analysis. Signature Research, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.