ThermoAnalytics (TAI) seeks an experienced and detail-minded Staff Accountant to join their finance team in Calumet, Michigan. This position is a key member of a team of four reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer and is responsible for accounts payable entry and analysis, sales order entry, report data generation, and provides input and support for monthly accounting cycles and other intermittent assignments.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE STAFF ACCOUNTANT.
- Prepares daily accounts payable entries and maintains documentation, records and files.
- Responds in a timely manner to all vendor payment Inquiries.
- Prepares daily credit card entries and reconciles credit card accounts; maintains records and files.
- Prepares daily sales orders and maintains documentation, records and files.
- Provides financial analysis regarding fixed assets, R&D costs, and travel expenses.
- Provides back up and support for closing of monthly books.
- Provides input for annual budget.
- Creates & maintains financial reports (profit/loss statements, balance sheets, income statements, etc.).
- Assists with monthly labor analysis, budget review, revenue analysis and related reporting.
- Initiates annual insurance review.
- Provides support for annual ESOP valuation reporting.
- Assists in monitoring and documentation of departmental practices and controls.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. $21 - $25 per hour, based on your knowledge and experience, in addition to an extremely rich benefit package and employee stock ownership. To conform to U.S. Government regulations, applicants must be United States citizens or lawful permanent residents of the United States. Final candidates may be required to undergo a thorough background check, credit check and/or drug screen.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED AS OUR STAFF ACCOUNTANT.
- Possess exceptional communication skills and a team-orientated personality that works well independently and with individuals and groups locally and at our remote locations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or a Business Degree w/Accounting emphasis, required.
- 3 or more years of experience as a Staff Accountant, required.
- In-depth knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, graphs), required.
- Working knowledge of financial software required; Deltek Costpoint, a bonus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to self-prioritize tasks, manage competing priorities, and remain organized.
INTERESTED? Apply online at tai.sdsjobs.com.
No phone calls or walk-ins please.
ThermoAnalytics is a passionate leader in developing thermal, fluid-flow, and infrared modeling software. Our business culture mixes the intellectual excitement of leading edge technology with the simple values of a rural Midwest setting. A strong work ethic and sense of pride in producing high quality work is evident throughout the company. Employees in all company functions are actively engaged in the business and collaborate extensively to achieve our goals. Learn more about us at thermoanalytics.com.