Anderson, Tackman & Company CPAs, a well-established, full-service accounting firm, seeks an experienced Senior Auditor to join our team in Escanaba, Michigan.
WHAT YOU’LL DO.
- Work with clients in such industries as government, not-for-profit, financial institutions, and employee benefit plans.
- Review client documentation and audit workpapers.
- Research accounting and regulatory issues that arise during an audit engagement to determine client compliance with GAAP and other regulatory statutes.
- Plan financial audits by understanding organization objectives, policies, processes, internal controls, and external regulations.
- Identify risk areas, prepare audit scope and objectives, and prepare audit programs.
- Participate in all phases of an audit including planning, control analysis, testing, and substantive procedures.
- Work with staff to determine overall audit strategy including staffing and the engagement budget.
- Assist in the preparation of reports for management concerning scope of audit, financial conditions found, and source and application of funds.
- Develop ideas to assist clients with operational and control opportunities.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Starting salary of $45,000 - $70,000 annually, based on your knowledge and experience. In addition, we offer medical, vision, dental, 401(k) retirement plan, performance incentives, life insurance, paid vacation, sick time and holidays, continuing professional education along with the opportunity to advance your career within our company.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL AS OUR SENIOR AUDITOR.
- 3 or more years’ experience in public accounting and audit.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required.
- CPA license required.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word and Excel) required.
- Experience with business accounting software (i.e. QuickBooks, Sage, Thompson Reuters CS Professional Suite) desired.
- Exceptional time management skills with an ability to organize and prioritize projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain and promote a positive attitude and work environment.
- A leadership and mentoring mindset that takes the extra step to help clients and fellow employees.
- Ability to travel to client sites and work long hours, if needed. Position is generally day trips to clients within a 1.5 hour travel distance.
INTERESTED IN JOINING US? Apply online at atc.hirescore.com
No phone calls, emails or walk-ins please.