UPPCO seeks an energetic and personable Regional Account Executive to join their team in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. This position has the flexibility to work from any our service centers located throughout Upper Michigan and include choice of: Escanaba, Houghton, Ishpeming or Marquette. The Regional Account Executive will develop and implement strategies and plans to analyze, anticipate and exceed the needs of our largest industrial, municipal and wholesale customers in a competitive environment; manage the customer relationship, create partnerships, and market new and future products and rates to the mutual benefit of both UPPCO and the customer. The position reports to the Vice President of Business Development and Communications.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE REGIONAL ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE.
- Manage the entire relationship between UPPCO and assigned key customers by doing the following:
- Market products and services to new and existing commercial and industrial customers; provide energy-related consultation regarding rate options, alternative energy sources, cogeneration, etc.
- Coordinate/facilitate conservation and energy management plans/projects with the customer.
- Assist customers in developing strategic energy supply plans.
- Assist with preparation of customer load forecast data.
- Develop relationships at multiple levels within customer's organization.
- Manage Parallel Generation/Net Metering, Customer Choice, and Energy Waste Reduction programs including involvement in customer contracts, MPSC reporting and data analysis.
- Actively participate in economic development partnerships and manage franchise agreements throughout UPPCO’s service territory.
- Assist Contact Center staff with commercial and industrial customer inquiries including tariff interpretation, data analysis, and resolution of customer complaints.
- Perform activities in support of UPPCO’s Business Development, Communications and External Affairs strategies, as assigned.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Competitive salary, based on your knowledge and experience, along with a comprehensive benefit package. Relocation assistance available.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL AS OUR REGIONAL ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE.
- Degree in Business, Communication, Marketing, Industrial Technology or Engineering preferred.
- 2 years of energy industry experience required.
- 3+ years of experience managing customer relationship, business development or in commercial communications.
- Ability to effectively listen and communicate with a variety of audiences, analyze business needs and deliver options for success.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency using basic office software (MS Word, Excel, Outlook calendar/email, PowerPoint).
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Willing and able to travel (up to 50% of your time) throughout the Upper Peninsula covering the UPPCO service territory.
INTERESTED? Apply online at uppco.sdsjobs.com
No phone calls or walk-ins please.