Keweenaw Title Agency continues to grow and is seeking a highly qualified Real Estate Title Specialist to join their team in Houghton, Michigan. The Title Specialist is responsible for researching chain of title and commitment preparations by ensuring each document is accurate and consistent with the current information reflected in the public land records (the abstract) in the counties of Houghton, Baraga and Keweenaw.
The ideal candidate enjoys puzzles and possesses relentless curiosity. You’re analytical, driven by detail, and a creative problem solver with excellent communication skills. Your ability to communicate with clients and vendors along with researching, documenting and maintaining accuracy in your work is paramount to delivering the top-notch results our customers expect.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. $13 - $17 per hour, based on your knowledge and experience, in addition to a retirement plan, paid time off, paid holidays, and an upbeat, positive working environment that values employees and their families.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED.
- Experience with research, preparation and associated tasks involved in fulfilling title policy orders, construction loan disbursements, and preparing title commitments is desired, however, we will train the right person who demonstrates a passion for our company and the work we do.
- Ability to read/understand real estate purchase contracts, deeds, and title commitments.
- Ability to resolve title exceptions and provide issue resolution.
- Understanding of real estate transaction refinances, purchase, pre-foreclosure, foreclosure and bankruptcy processes.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook), required.
- Notary Public, a plus, or the willingness and ability to become a Notary Public.
- Working knowledge of SoftPro, a bonus.
- Professional appearance and presentation, required.
- Exceptional customer service skills and the ability to maintain/promote a positive attitude and work environment.
- Flexible, independent, highly-organized and motivated team player who will ensure the company provides top-notch service to all customers and employees.
- Reliable transportation, required.
- A collaborative style that makes you an asset to our team.
APPLY ONLINE AT keweenawtitle.sdsjobs.com.
No phone calls or walk-ins please.
LEARN MORE ABOUT KEWEENAW TITLE AT kewtitle.com