UPPCO seeks a Rate Analyst to join their team in Marquette, Michigan. As an UPPCO Rate Analyst, you provide analytical work in support of regulatory activities, proceedings and decisions. This position will be involved in and/or responsible for developing and maintaining revenue requirements, cost of service, sales & revenue forecasting models, as well as preparing and administering regulatory filings, applications and tariffs. Also, this position will support the regulatory process by reviewing and preparing filings, coordinating the preparation of discovery responses, and supporting general rate case management processes. This position reports to the Director of Regulatory Affairs.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Salary based on your knowledge and experience in addition to a comprehensive benefit and relocation package.
- Provide financial and regulatory analysis for UPPCO.
- Develop and maintain revenue requirements model, cost of service and cost recovery models.
- Provides analytical support for rate design and pricing programs.
- Coordinates, develops, and maintains annual forecasts of sales and revenues.
- Prepares and administers regulatory filings, applications and tariffs.
- As needed, facilitates preparation of expert witness testimony, exhibits, work papers discovery responses.
- Supports general rate case management.
- Assists in the development, analysis, and defense of applications before regulatory agencies including the Michigan Public Service Commission (MPSC), Federal Regulatory Energy Commission (FERC), and Midcontinent Independent System Operator (MISO). This includes development of regulatory filings regarding general rate cases, power cost recovery plans and reconciliations.
- Responsible for the reconciliation and analysis of MISO power supply settlements and invoices.
- Responsible for tariff administration function, including coordination of all tariff filings and maintenance of UPPCO’s official tariff book.
- Monitors and supports all regulatory compliance functions, including the preparation of all regulatory compliance filings to ensure that compliance requirements are met on a timely basis.
- Must communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Pursuant to needs of the business, support UPPCO’s IRP process.
- As needed, perform and/or administer necessary load settlement functions.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL AS AN UPPCO RATE ANALYST.
- 3 years’ experience as a Regulatory, Planning, Financial, Business or Rate Analyst, required.
- Degree in math, statistics, business, economics, engineering or technical business, desired.
- Knowledge of the utility business (local & state commission regulations/filing requirements, ratemaking & revenue requirements, cost of service, power supply, forecasting models), desired.
- Knowledge of quantitative/statistical modeling in Excel and other software applications.
- Ability to complete detailed financial and economic analyses.
- Ability to generate/analyze financial and statistical reports.
- Ability to perform quantitative analysis.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Outstanding verbal/written communication skills; solid analytical/problem-solving skills.
- Ability to travel (20%), as needed.
NO PHONE CALLS or WALK-INS PLEASE. APPLY ONLINE AT uppco.sdsjobs.com
ABOUT US. UPPCO is a private, regulated electric utility delivering safe, reliable energy to nearly 54,000 customers in 10 counties of Michigan's pristine Upper Peninsula with significant plans for growth through acquisitions in the next 5 years. Learn more at uppco.com.