Laser North (LNI), a laser cutting and fabrication specialist, is growing and seeks a Quality Control Inspector to join their team in Baraga, Michigan.
The ideal candidate will inspect our finished products for non-conformances prior to shipment including examining weldments to assure proper assembly; inspecting welds, bends, and machined components to identify flaws or defects; mark defective products and communicate non-conformances to specific departments; record inspection data and recommend scrapping or methods for re-working as necessary.
To be successful, you move quickly in a fast-paced work environment, are self- motivated, pay attention to details -- large and small, can multitask, prioritize your time, and most of all, assure safe work practices at all times. If you are professional, detail oriented, and perform well under pressure, we want to hear from you!
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE LNI QUALITY CONTROL INSPECTOR.
- Visual inspection and dimensional check of finished products/assemblies against specification requirements and drawings.
- Inspect parts using precision measuring equipment and document inspection data.
- Communicate flaws, defects and non-conformances to specific departments.
- Maintain proper flow of production through the inspection process.
- Adhere to company quality and safety standards.
COMPENSATION. $15.00 - $17.50 per hour, based on knowledge and experience, in addition to a performance/success-based bonus, paid time off, paid holidays and safety training.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED AS AN LNI QUALITY CONTROL INSPECTOR.
- 1-year experience in manufacturing ideally as a welder, preferred.
- Highly skilled at reading and understanding welding, machining, and forming prints and instructions
- Knowledge and experience using precision measuring equipment
- Excellent time management, organization and communication skills.
- A commitment to superior customer service and a collaborative style that makes you an asset to our team.
- A desire to continually increase your knowledge of the industries we serve and products, services and processes our company can produce.
APPLY ONLINE AT lasernorth.sdsjobs.com. No phone calls or walk-ins please.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Position open until filled.
ABOUT US. Learn more at lasernorthinc.com.