LJJ Construction, a commercial and industrial building contractor, seeks an experienced Project Manager/Estimator to join their team in Houghton, Michigan.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POJECT MANAGER/ESTIMATOR.
- Prepare detailed cost estimates on building construction projects.
- Coordinate shop drawings.
- Project scheduling.
- Attend General Contractor, Pre-Bid, and other project related meetings.
- Perform construction analysis.
- Prepare/submit progress billings, submittal reporting and other reports, as required.
- Establish and maintain client relationships.
- Quality control; conduct field inspections and coordination of project deliverables.
- Assure projects meet client and budget goals for a successful, profitable completion.
- Projects are located mainly in Houghton County, Michigan.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Competitive salary, based on your knowledge and experience, in addition to health insurance, retirement plan, paid vacation, paid holidays and cell phone reimbursement. Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer; no sponsorship is available. Final candidates will be required to undergo a background check, credit check and drug screen.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED AS AN LJJ PROJECT MANAGER/ESTIMATOR.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the job. A typical way to obtain the KSAs would be to possess a degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or a directly related field.
- Previous experience as a Project Manager and/or Estimator w/large projects in construction building, desired; understanding of the building process, required.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification, a bonus.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, budgets and schedules.
- Possess exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic computer skills and strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook, required.
- Willingness and ability to travel to jobsite meetings, as needed.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
INTERESTED? Apply online at ljj.sdsjobs.com
No phone calls or walk-ins please.