Laser North, a laser cutting and fabrication specialist, continues to grow and seeks a Production Manager to join their team in Baraga, Michigan. The Production Manager oversees plant operations assuring production schedules are met while maintaining the highest level of safety and quality in our industry. You are a big picture thinker and see what it takes to make a company operate efficiently and successfully in a competitive environment. To succeed, you must be highly motivated with an exceptional work ethic, a strong drive to solve problems, and ability to inspire your team to be the best they can be. You possess excellent and effective organization and communication skills, as well as a commitment to superior customer service.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE PRODUCTION MANAGER.
- Prepare and maintain production schedules to meet customer demand.
- Set weekly production goals derived from incoming work.
- Work closely with production team on a day-to-day basis to solve problems and increase productivity.
- Oversee and follow-up on procurement of necessary parts to assure deadlines are met.
- Ensure staff under management adhere to company quality and safety standards.
- Possess experience with hiring and managing a motivated team.
- Collaborates effectively with the entire LNI team to assure clear communication.
COMPENSATION. $49,000 - $54,000 annually, based on your knowledge and experience, in addition to a performance-based bonus, supplemental medical insurance, a SIMPLE IRA retirement plan, paid time off, paid holidays, company cell phone or allowance, company provided apparel, a clean and safe work environment, and great management.
MINIMUM & PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS.
- 2-5 years’ previous experience, ideally as a Production Supervisor or Production Manager in a manufacturing environment, however, we will train the right person who demonstrates a passion for our company and the work we do.
- Strong knowledge and experience of manufacturing processes and procedures.
- Excellent time management, organization and communication skills.
- A management style that both inspires, teaches and motivates a team.
- Proficiency with computer software applications including Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Calendar and PowerPoint.
- A desire to continually increase your knowledge of the industries we serve and products, services and processes our company can produce.
APPLY ONLINE AT lasernorth.sdsjobs.com. No phone calls or walk-ins please.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Position open until filled.
LEARN MORE ABOUT LASER NORTH AT lasernorthinc.com