UPPCO seeks a personable and dedicated individual to join our team in Munising, Michigan as a Meter Technician. Our Meter Technicians use handheld devices and/or mobile data collection systems to record customer electric energy use. In addition, our meter team members provide excellent customer service by reading meters, inspecting meters and equipment, and providing courteous information to our customers.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS/SCHEDULE: Starting pay of $27.82 per hour plus a comprehensive benefit package. Work is usually performed alone, but under supervision. Usual workweek consists of five eight-hour days, with overtime as required.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS POSITION.
- 1 or more years’ experience working in business, customer service, electrical or electronics field or serving in the military.
- Associate Degree in Electrical Technology, Military Equivalent, or similarly named discipline required. 4 or more years of working experience within an electrical operations position will substitute for Associate’s degree.
- Familiarity with electric distribution is helpful.
- Possess an exceptional customer service mindset that is courteous, cooperative and able to work positively with customers and co-workers and with little direct supervision.
- You are proficient with using a computer and able to operate a handheld meter reading device and/or mobile data collection device.
- Possess the physical endurance to perform the essential functions of this position including: good eyesight, are able to work outside for long periods of time and drive long distances in extreme weather conditions (humid, rainy, windy, snowy, hot, cold, etc.), can walk and stand for long periods of time, get into/out of vehicles, lift up to 25 pounds, repeatedly bend and climb stairs and ramps.
- Ability work evenings, weekends or overtime, as needed.
- Excellent time management, organization and communication skills required.
- Possess a valid Michigan driver’s license.
- Must reside within 30 minutes of UPPCO’s Munising, Michigan office.
INTERESTED? Applications being accepted online at uppco.hirescore.com
ABOUT US. UPPCO is a regulated electric utility delivering safe, reliable energy to about 54,000 customers in 10 counties of Michigan's pristine Upper Peninsula. Our assets include 7 hydroelectric renewable energy generation facilities that also offer public recreational opportunities on land and water, 2 combustion turbines providing a total generation capacity of approximately 80 megawatts, 3,300 miles of electric distribution lines, and 58 distribution substations. Learn more at uppco.com