VanAire, a military friendly employer, seeks an experienced Mechanical Engineering Technician to join their team in Gladstone, Michigan.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE MECHANICAL ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN.
- Establish and maintain procedures for ensuring high standards of quality, reliability and safety in the Engineered Valve Automation Hardware (EVAH) product designs.
- Work closely with EVAH CAD Software Admin/DriveWorks Integrator to ensure ETO, Legacy and DriveWorks kits adhere to current VanAire standards.
- Works with EVAH Design Team Leader to help implement and ensure entire EVAH Design Team adheres to VanAire Engineering, Design, Material and Finishing standards.
- Work closely with VP of manufacturing and internal staff to ensure accurate welding procedures and weld types are referenced and used by EVAH Designers.
- Evaluate and develop improved techniques for the control and continual improvement of product designs, quality, reliability and safety including facilitating the steps involved in completing corrective actions, opportunities for improvement, problem inquiry forms, etc. that directly involve EVAH Engineering and Design Standards, and/or procedures and work instructions that are directly related to EVAH Engineering and Design.
- Responsible for ensuring that FEA studies are set up, run and interpreted according to VanAire’s and industry standards.
- Work with the VP of EVAH, EVAH CAD Software Administrator, designers, salespeople, and customers, as required, to ensure products conform to customer requirements.
- Work with the VP of Manufacturing to ensure that engineering standards and manufacturing capabilities complement each other.
- Adheres to company policies and procedures for compliance, quality and safety.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Starting wage of $55,000 – $65,000 annually, based on your knowledge and experience, in addition to company paid medical insurance, a Health Saving Account, retirement plan w/maximum 3% company match, paid time off, paid holidays, wellness activities, and tuition reimbursement programs.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED AS A VANAIRE MECHANICAL ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology or related field.
- Professional Engineering License, preferred.
- 2 years management experience in a manufacturing setting, preferred.
- Working knowledge of design & sizing of welds (e.g. weld stress analysis of weld groups).
- Proficiency with SolidWorks CAD and SolidWorks Simulation FEA software, required.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook, required.
- Experience with ERP software, preferred.
- Working knowledge of mechanics, materials and heat transfer.
INTERESTED? Apply online at https://vanaire.sdsjobs.com/
ABOUT US. Learn more at vanaireinc.com