Orbion Space Technology seeks experienced Manufacturing Engineers to join our exciting and innovative team in Houghton, Michigan. Leverage your manufacturing experience to make game-changing contributions to Orbion’s production line dedicated to building space propulsion systems. Previous experience with building flight hardware is preferred.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. $75,000 - $120,000 starting annual salary based on your knowledge and experience. In addition to the thrill of making monumental changes to the aerospace industry, employees enjoy a flexible work schedule, health insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid time off (vacation, holidays, sick days), contribution matching retirement plan, and employee stock ownership. Relocation assistance available.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE MANUFACTURING ENGINEER.
- Work alongside Orbion’s world-class power electronics team to direct and execute manufacturing of the Aurora electric propulsion system components.
- Define and optimize manufacturing strategies to support Orbion’s automated mass-production activities (currently patent pending).
- Direct and coordinate multi-disciplinary manufacturing engineering efforts internally at Orbion, externally with Orbion’s strategic partners, and with multiple suppliers to meet Aurora system requirements.
- Create/execute engineering work instructions and mentor less-experienced engineers.
- Create and interpret engineering drawings.
A CAREER OPPORTUNITY.
We are looking for professionals with keen industry knowledge and experience. Strong candidates for this position possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing Engineering or a directly related degree required; Master’s degree a bonus.
- 5 years’ experience with manufacturing in aerospace or medical industries.
- Previous experience with manufacturing aerospace hardware is
- Knowledge of manufacturing flight systems including establishing processes and tooling for piece-part fabrication, component manufacturing, supplier controls for assembly, cleanliness, inspections, and transportation is preferred.
- An ability to collaborate in a team setting as well be an active individual contributor.
- Willingness to travel on occasion (10-15%).
INTERESTED? Apply online at orbionspace.hirescore.com.
We look forward to learning more about you!
ABOUT US. Learn more about our company, people and projects at orbionspace.com.