UPPCO seeks a Journeyman Line Electrician in Ontonagon, Michigan. In this role, you construct, operate, maintain and dismantle components of all voltages of distribution and transmission lines.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. $39.70 per hour in addition to a rich benefit package in exchange for your knowledge and experience.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL.
- Completion of a 4-year accredited or certified line electrician apprentice program, and/or attained Journeyman line electrician status.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid Class A commercial driver’s license with air brake endorsements within 4 months of hire.
- Knowledge of electric codes, electric distribution, transmission work, and underground facilities procedures and standards.
- Willingness to be on-call, work long hours and overtime, as needed.
- Ability to work outside with exposure to all types of weather conditions.
- Ability to work in high areas above ground level and with high voltage equipment.
- Excellent time management, organization and communication skills.
- A positive, motivated attitude that works well with little direct supervision.
- Willingness to travel, as required.
- Must reside within 30 minutes of jobsite.
INTERESTED? Apply online at uppco.sdsjobs.com
No phone calls or walk-ins please.
ABOUT US. UPPCO is a regulated electric utility delivering safe, reliable energy to about 54,000 customers in 10 counties of Michigan's pristine Upper Peninsula. Our assets include 7 hydroelectric renewable energy generation facilities that also offer public recreational opportunities on land and water, 2 combustion turbines providing a total generation capacity of approximately 80 megawatts, 3,300 miles of electric distribution lines, and 58 distribution substations. Learn more at uppco.com.