UPPCO seeks an I.T. Support Specialist to join their team in Marquette, Michigan. This position supports UPPCO’s desktops/laptops/Toughbook’s, printers/copiers, security cameras, radios, phone lines and phone systems and includes installing, configuring, maintaining, and optimizing all hardware and software while ensuring minimal downtime. The I.T. Support Specialist diagnoses, resolves, and documents hardware and software problems using best practices and tools in a timely and accurate fashion. This position reports to the Senior Network Infrastructure and Hardware Administrator.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Salary based on your knowledge and experience in addition to a comprehensive benefit package.
- Deploy/relocate PCs, laptops, telephones, mobile devices, printers, conference room projectors/TVs, MFDs and other end-user peripherals. Includes creating/maintaining current computer image or other pre-deployment configuration. Will deploy unpackaged desktop software for automated deployment.
- Maintains security and antivirus software for UPPCO’s desktops and laptops including operating system software upkeep to current release and patch levels while providing maximum availability.
- Supports UPPCO mobile devices (cell phones, iPad) and applications including Office 365 on employee owned devices.
- Sets-up and removes users in Active Directory, creating shared drives on the file server, setting up quotas, granting appropriate rights, and maintains data.
- Sets-up and removes users in Office 365; installs various office products on desktops/laptops; troubleshoots email and calendar issues.
- Installs various third-party applications on desktops/laptops; troubleshoots software issues.
- Works with Senior Network Infrastructure & Hardware Administrator to configure switch ports for computers, printers, radio’s and phones.
- Terminates, labels and tests all cabling to TIA/EIA Standards; document results to include cable test records, blue prints, and system ports used.
- Works with contractors, vendors and service providers, as needed.
- Repair and troubleshoot issues for company owned radios and radio towers.
- Creates documentation for I.T. processes and user applications for various knowledge bases.
- Serves as a Helpdesk resource to document/resolve user issues and requests including basic applications on desktops (i.e. OS, MS Office, email, Lync, Visio, MS Project, Internet).
- Responds to emergency calls; troubleshoots/repairs network problems in a timely manner.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL AS AN UPPCO I.T. SUPPORT SPECIALIST.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or directly related field or equivalent combination of education and experience in an I.T. position.
- Experience in a Helpdesk environment.
- Experience supporting desktop computers, laptops, network printers and copiers, required.
- Experience terminating network cabling and testing to TIA/EIA standards, required.
- Experience working with VOIP preferred; specifically ShoreTel phones a bonus.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft OS, Office Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to travel amongst the Upper Peninsula on a frequent basis.
APPLY ONLINE AT uppco.sdsjobs.com. No phone calls or walk-ins please.