Join the iconic Stormy Kromer brand as we seek a Financial Controller to join our team in our Ironwood, Michigan headquarters.
If you have experience in finance and accounting, we have a great career opportunity for you. This position is responsible for the accounting operations of the company including the accuracy of the company's financial results, maintaining an adequate system of accounting records and controls, and ensuring compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Starting wage of $50,000 - $75,000 annually, based on your knowledge and experience, with opportunity to grow this position to a higher level. In addition to the thrill of working for this iconic brand, our team enjoys health insurance, paid vacation, paid holidays and a retirement plan.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE FINANCIAL CONTROLLER.
- Work directly with CEO and serve as a key member of the leadership team.
- Issue timely and accurate financial statements; responsible for all month-end entries.
- Effectively communicate financial condition and results to Leadership Team; determine and provide financial metrics, trends and benchmarks to help the Leadership Team better understand financial results and make appropriate decisions within the business.
- Manage the production and reporting of the annual budget, on-going forecasts and variances.
- Forecast cash flow positions and borrowing needs ensuring sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements.
- Provide financial analyses, as needed, for capital investments, pricing decisions and contract negotiations.
- Actively participate in Strategic Planning; implement strategic initiatives to advance the business.
- Prepare year-end accounting and financial statements; coordinate tax return preparation with outside CPA firm.
- Manage annual financial statement review with external accountants.
- Maintain internal, cash and financial controls including purchasing controls.
- Responsible for monthly sales and use tax reports for various states.
- Maintain banking relationships and ensure compliance with bank covenants.
- Manage accounting dept. staff of 2 including AP, AR, payroll and other administrative duties.
- Establish, monitor and enforce policies and procedures.
- Oversee and manage appropriate insurance policies and coverage.
- Proficiency with computers and related software (Excel, accounting software).
A CAREER OPPORTUNITY.
Strong candidates for this position have 5-7 years of progressive business experience in finance or accounting, understand the importance of working in a team environment that actively participates in the leadership team, and has a strong accounting software background. In addition, a Bachelor’s degree or certification in Accounting, Finance, or an equivalent field is desired.
INTERESTED? Apply online at jacquart.hirescore.com.
No phone calls, emails or walk-ins please.