The search for the Keweenaw National Historical Park Executive Director is underway. We seek an accomplished leader to join our team in Calumet, Michigan.
The Executive Director is the key management leader of the Keweenaw National Historical Park Advisory Commission and is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs, and strategic plan of the organization. The Executive Director will also work closely with National Park Service staff members and representatives from the Keweenaw Heritage Sites, a group of 21 historic sites affiliated with Keweenaw National Historical Park.
To be successful in this role, you should have a high level of senior leadership experience, possess a strong knowledge of local history, have an aptitude for strategic planning and financial management, and an ability to manage effectively. The Executive Director participates in the operation of our historic properties along with facilitating workshops, public and stakeholder meetings, and administers our grant program. This position reports to and works closely with the Advisory Commission composed of 7 volunteer community members appointed by the Secretary of the Interior.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS/HOURS. $50,000 to $60,000 per year, commensurate with experience and other qualifications, plus paid time off and financial assistance with health insurance. This is a full-time Monday-Friday position. The successful candidate is flexible to work evening and weekend hours on occasion.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Management or directly-related discipline required.
- 5 or more years’ experience in a senior leadership position.
- Experience/working knowledge of national parks and the operational aspects of the National Park Service, a plus.
- Possess strong budget management acumen; experience with grant funding and administration desired.
- Keen interest in the development of local and regional history.
- Ability to ramp up quickly in understanding the key attributes of the National Park Service and its operation, stakeholders and support system.
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations.
- Proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email) required; QuickBooks accounting software experience preferred.
- Superior ability to present to diverse audiences including exceptional written & verbal communication skills.
- Experience reporting to and working with a board of directors, required.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Ability to relocate and reside in the Houghton/Keweenaw, Michigan area, required.
- Willingness and ability to travel (10-20%), required.
- Ability to successfully pass a federal background check, required.
INTERESTED? Apply online at knhp.hirescore.com