Leggette, Brashears & Graham, Inc. (LBG), Professional Groundwater and Environmental Engineering Services, seeks a motivated Environmental Scientist in your choice of their Hancock or Munising, Michigan locations to support project management staff with implementation and completion of environmental projects.
The ideal Environmental Scientist has strong technical skills, is safety minded, can communicate effectively with both staff and clients, is adaptable to rapidly changing needs, and works well in a team environment. This position requires routine travel throughout Michigan, Northern Wisconsin and occasionally, to sites nationwide.
- Field work: construction observation/contractor management, compliance inspection, biological survey and assessment activities for environmental sites.
- Perform environmental sampling (soil, sediment, groundwater) at a variety of locations.
- Perform remediation system operation and maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Office work: environmental compliance table top reviews and permit coordination, biological/ecological research, data reduction/evaluation, preparation of technical reports.
- Calibrate and maintain field equipment.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. $35,000 - $50,000 annually, based on your knowledge and experience, in addition to an attractive benefits package including health insurance, 401K, education benefits and more.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE IDEAL LBG ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENTIST.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Biology, Geology, Environmental Engineering, or related field.
- Previous professional experience, desired.
- HAZWOPER certification desired, but not required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook; Adobe Acrobat and GIS, desired.
- Willing and able to travel throughout Upper Michigan, Northern Lower Michigan, Northern Wisconsin and occasionally at sites nationwide.
- Working remotely is an option for the right candidate.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
NO PHONE CALLS or WALK-INS PLEASE. APPLY ONLINE AT LBG.sdsjobs.com
ABOUT US. LBG provides the highest quality professional services with exciting water resource, environmental, and biological/ecological projects nationwide. LBG was founded in 1944 by a member of the Ground Water Branch of the U.S. Geological Survey and was the first consulting firm to specialize in groundwater sciences. For more than a half a century, LBG has worked closely with public water suppliers and authorities, private industrial and commercial companies, and government agencies to: locate and develop ground water, investigate and remediate soil and ground water problems, and to address a wide range of water-related issues. Services have since expanded into environmental compliance, permitting, biological/ecological services and other specialties. LBG has grown steadily, with offices throughout the United States and is now led by second and third-generation management. Today, our reputation as a leader in the field is based on our continued commitment to client service, accuracy, and exemplary project performance. Learn more at lbgweb.com.