The Tervo Agency seeks an energetic and welcoming Customer Service Specialist to join our growing team of insurance professionals in Hancock, Michigan.
Previous experience in the insurance industry preferred, however, we will train the right individual who has experience delivering exceptional customer service, has interest in developing their skills in the insurance industry and has no fear of learning new technology and software programs.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST.
- Handle customer walk-ins, phone, fax and email traffic.
- Process customer payments and service requests.
- Process insurance applications, policies and certificates of insurance.
- Resolve underwriting requests.
- Handle insurance claims and reporting.
- Maintain client database.
- Provide sales support and assistance to insurance agents.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Starting wage of $30,000 – $36,000 annually, based on the knowledge and experience you bring to the team, with ample opportunity to advance your position and compensation within our company. In addition, we offer a retirement plan, paid time off (vacation, sick time, holidays), your own private office, underground parking, and a set Monday – Friday schedule of 8:30am – 4:30pm. Relocation assistance available for the right candidate.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED AS A TERVO AGENCY CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; degree preferred.
- 3 years’ experience in customer service required; insurance related field experience a bonus.
- Through your interactions, you instill confidence, accuracy and trust with our clients, vendors and staff.
- Professional appearance and manner at all times with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient w/computers, learning new software, and MS Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook calendar, email).
- Possess a keen eye for detail, organization and accuracy.
- Possess an impeccable attendance record, an exceptional work ethic and exemplary time management skills.
- Able to work with little to no supervision and are a flexible, adaptable team player.
INTERESTED? Apply online at tervoagency.hirescore.com.
No phone calls or walk-ins please.
ABOUT US. Learn more at tervoagency.com.