Keweenaw Title Agency continues to grow and seeks a Customer Service Representative/Land Record Researcher to join our team in Houghton, Michigan.
Previous experience in a professional office setting preferred, however, we will train the right individual who has a proven track record of delivering exceptional customer service, has interest in developing their skills in the title and land research industry and has no fear of learning new information.
The ideal candidate is analytical, driven by detail, and a creative problem solver with excellent communication skills. Your ability to communicate with clients along with researching, documenting and maintaining accuracy in your work is paramount to delivering the top-notch results our clients expect.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. $13 - $17 per hour, based on your knowledge and experience, in addition to a retirement plan, paid time off, paid holidays, and an upbeat, positive working environment that values employees and their families.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED.
- Exceptional customer service skills and the ability to maintain/promote a positive attitude and work environment.
- You are a flexible, independent, highly-organized and motivated team player who will ensure the company provides top-notch service to all customers and employees.
- You embody a collaborative style that makes you an asset to our team.
- Experience with, or a desire to learn how to:
- research, preparation and associated tasks involved in fulfilling title policy orders, construction loan disbursements, and preparing title commitments is desired, however, we will train the right person who demonstrates a passion for our company and the work we do;
- read/understand real estate purchase contracts, deeds, and title commitments;
- resolve title exceptions and provide issue resolution;
- understand real estate transaction refinances, purchase, pre-foreclosure, foreclosure and the bankruptcy processes.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook), required.
- Notary Public, a plus, or the willingness and ability to become a Notary Public.
- Working knowledge of SoftPro, a bonus.
- Professional appearance and presentation, required.