UPPCO seeks a dedicated individual to join our team in Ishpeming, Michigan as a Contact Center Representative.
As an UPPCO Contact Center Representative, you will be responsible for the efficient handling of residential and commercial billing, collections and call handling. Primary responsibilities include:
- Handle inbound/outbound customer contacts by phone, email, mail, fax or web chat
- Process residential and commercial billing to ensure accurate and timely billing
- Perform credit and collection activity on residential and commercial accounts including inbound/outbound calling and scheduling of disconnection activity
- Respond to callouts related to customer power outages 24x7, 365 days/year
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS: $19.50 per hour plus a comprehensive benefit package.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL.
- 2 or more years’ experience delivering exceptional customer service, required.
- Experience with billing or collection processes, preferred.
- Proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), required.
- Familiarity with utility processes, tariffs and regulations, preferred.
- Experience with Contact Center/Call Center operations is helpful.
- Ability work overtime, call-outs, shifts, holidays or weekends, when necessary.
- Excellent time management, organization and communication skills.
- A positive, motivated attitude that works well with little direct supervision.
- Possess a valid Michigan driver’s license.
- Must reside within 30 minutes of UPPCO’s Ishpeming, Michigan Contact Center.
- Hours of operation are 6am-11pm Monday-Friday with various shifts assigned by seniority.
INTERESTED? Applications being accepted online at uppco.hirescore.com
ABOUT US. UPPCO is a regulated electric utility delivering safe, reliable energy to about 54,000 customers in 10 counties of Michigan's pristine Upper Peninsula. Our assets include 7 hydroelectric renewable energy generation facilities that also offer public recreational opportunities on land and water, 2 combustion turbines providing a total generation capacity of approximately 80 megawatts, 3,300 miles of electric distribution lines, and 58 distribution substations. Learn more at uppco.com