The Keweenaw Community Foundation (KCF) seeks a part-time Community Relations Coordinator to join our team in Hancock, Michigan. Are you passionate about improving the quality of life in your community? Are you an excellent communicator with equally impressive writing skills? Then our Community Relations Coordinator position is perfect for an organized individual like you!
Through philanthropic services, strategic investments and community leadership, the Keweenaw Community Foundation helps people support the causes they care about, now and for generations to come. The Community Relations Coordinator will develop and execute a strategic marketing and communications plan for KCF with a mission to inspire giving that invests in our community’s quality of life.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE COMMUNITY RELATIONS COORDINATOR.
- Develop annual report, print and communication materials.
- Serve as communications link for KCF, partner organizations, and the community.
- Understands how to follow brand, communication and social media strategies.
- Create stories of those who give to the Foundation.
- Updates KCF (keweenawgives.org) and planned giving (www.keweenawlegacy.org) websites using WordPress.
- Develop social media strategy and manages all social media platforms.
- Promote KCF events, including Keweenaw Brewfest and Keweenaw Gold.
- Develop planned giving marketing campaign and promotional materials.
- Create professional presentation materials, including slideshows, for community presentations.
- Works with local media (television, radio, newspaper, web, etc.) to distribute KCF news.
- Handle production of visual materials (charts, diagrams, posters, photographs).
- Manage special projects as they arise.
COMPENSATION/SCHEDULE. $12 - $15 per hour, based on your experience, in addition to a flexible work schedule (20 – 24 hours per week).
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL AS A KCF COMMUNITY RELATIONS COORDINATOR.
- Degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Writing or related field, preferred.
- 2 or more years of professional experience in communications preferred, however, we will train the right person who demonstrates a passion for our Foundation and the work we do.
- Passion for improving the quality of life in our community.
- Exceptional writing, communication and organizational skills.
- Experience with graphic design, a bonus.
- Ability to influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Proficiency with computers with ability to use various software applications such as MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint), WordPress, Adobe InDesign, and CRM.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines while maintaining strict attention to detail.
- Ability to work as a team member, with board members, and independently with little supervision.
INTERESTED? Apply online at kcf.sdsjobs.com
ABOUT US. Learn more at keweenawcommunityfoundation.org