U.P. Janitorial Service, Inc. seeks self-motivated full-time and part-time Commercial/Residential Janitors to join our team in the Houghton, Michigan area. If you’re reliable and able to work afternoons and evenings covering our service territory from Chassell to Hancock, Michigan, we want to hear from you!
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JANITOR.
- Clean, mop, vacuum all types of flooring and surfaces (carpet, wood, tile, paneling, etc.) in customer homes/business and in accordance with service agreement.
- Clean restrooms, toilets, sinks, mirrors, counters, empty trash cans, dust surfaces, etc.
- Come prepared for the day’s activities (stocked with supplies).
- Interact with the customer as needed.
- Performing custodial duties including safely using hazardous cleaning chemicals.
- Operating light maintenance equipment (i.e., floor waxers, vacuums, rug cleaners, etc.).
- Troubleshoot and identify possible facility repairs and advise supervisor and/or customer.
- Replenish supplies and keeping inventory of supplies.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Starting wage of $10 - $12 per hour, based on your experience, with opportunity to grow within our company. In addition, our team is provided a SIMPLE IRA retirement plan and supplemental insurance. The ideal candidate can work evenings during the week days.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL.
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred, but not required.
- Previous experience in janitorial, facility maintenance, or other directly related experience
- Ability to work afternoons and nights as needed.
- Excellent attention to detail and pride in your work.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision.
- Ability to work under time constraints to ensure deadlines are met.
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license, required.
INTERESTED? Apply online at upjanitorial.sdsjobs.com
No phone calls or walk-ins please.
Position open until filled.