Carey, Inc., an award-winning forest product, trucking, timber harvesting, tree service and excavating company, has an immediate opening for an experienced Civil Engineer/Project Estimator in our Channing, Michigan office.
This position requires someone who is energetic and enjoys being out in the field. While there will be deskwork involved, this is a working position that is on-the-go and active. The ideal candidate will supervise crews and provide project consulting and site planning, design, and engineering services to a wide variety of residential and government clients. This position requires subject matter knowledge and depth of experience to move projects from concept to completion including planning/zoning and complete site design, to permits and construction phase services. Project work and responsibilities will entail all aspects of site development design such as grading, drainage, stormwater management, water and sewer, erosion and sediment control, as well as plan and permit processing and technical writing.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CIVIL ENGINEER / PROJECT ESTIMATOR.
- Prepare detailed cost estimates on projects including engineering costs, survey and land services costs, equipment and material costs, construction costs, operating costs, labor costs, and other costs associated with timber and excavating projects.
- Establish and maintain client relationships.
- Supervise work teams.
- Assure projects meet client and budget goals for a successful, profitable completion.
- Travel to jobsites to gather information on job scope and to attend pre-bid meetings and jobsite showings.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. $68,000 - $72,000 starting annual salary with ample opportunity to advance based on your knowledge and contributions to the team. In addition, we offer health coverage, a SIMPLE retirement plan, paid vacation days, paid holidays and a company vehicle.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED AS OUR CIVIL ENGINEER / PROJECT ESTIMATOR.
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Civil Engineering Technician or Civil Construction preferred.
- 5 years of experience in civil or heavy construction, preferred.
- Possess thorough technical and practical estimating skills with an ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work.
- Must be detail oriented & analytical to produce estimates that minimize costs without sacrificing quality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage teams by maintaining & promoting a positive attitude and work environment.
- Ability to work under time constraints to ensure deadlines are met.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook), required.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and ability to travel to worksites/new client meetings, as needed, in a company provided vehicle; generally throughout the Upper Peninsula of Michigan & Northern Wisconsin.
- A background in forestry (overseeing logging/transportation crews, staying on-track with volume targets), a bonus.
INTERESTED? Apply online at carey.sdsjobs.com.
No phone calls or walk-ins please.
ABOUT US. Learn more at call-carey.com