Have you dreamed of a job as Chief Pilot and Director of Operations with the freedom to develop, lead and execute across a variety of disciplines you’ve helped to create? Do you look to live in a community built on friendships, affordable living, and the best outdoor activities available anywhere---right in your backyard? If this sounds attractive, we’d love to hear from you! The ideal candidate is willing and able to relocate to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan or Northern Wisconsin to meet the needs of this position, if not already located in the region.
Kubick Aviation Services, based in Kingsford, Michigan, seeks a growth-minded, experienced FAA certified full-time Chief Aircraft Pilot/Director of Operations for our sister company, Northern Airways – a Part 135 private charter service serving the United States, Canada, and Mexico. Northern Airways is based in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula as well as Northern Wisconsin.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CHIEF PILOT AND DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS.
- Oversee and provide pilot services for the operation of twin piston and turbo prop aircraft (C340 / C441 with opportunity to move into jet aircraft).
- Conduct flight planning; coordinates with ATC and ground support personnel.
- Directs operation of flight department to include maintenance flights of owner aircraft.
- Conducts training: new pilots, refresher training for experienced pilots, flight personnel covering emergency procedures and use of survival equipment.
- Reviews reports on pilot performance; forwards reports to Federal Aviation Administration.
- Discusses operational and personnel problems with subordinates to improve morale efficiency.
- Studies technical manuals of airplane/equipment manufacturers and government regulations affecting flight operations to ensure our training manuals adhere to legal requirements and are adapted to aircraft in use.
- Accompanies flights to observe performance of pilots.
- Directs preparation of flight-crew schedules and assignment of personnel.
- Participate in interviewing/hiring flight personnel.
- May pilot airplane on scheduled flights.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Starting salary of $60,000 to $80,000 annually with tremendous growth opportunity and based on your knowledge, experience and contributions to the team. In addition, we offer paid training, a monthly wellness stipend, SIMPLE IRA retirement plan, life insurance, accidental death benefit, vision insurance, paid vacation, paid holidays, YMCA membership and company provided apparel. Relocation assistance available for the right candidate.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED AS OUR CHIEF PILOT AND DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS.
- FAA Commercial Pilot License or Airline Transport Pilot Certificate required.
- 3 years of 135 operations experience required; 121 experience desired.
- Current FAA 2nd Class Medical Certificate or better, required.
- Certification as Flight Instructor (CFI), CFII, and MEI required.
- Experience in the operation of twin-engine piston and turbine aircraft desired; Conquest training preferred.
- Embody the highest standards of flight safety, team leadership principles, a strong customer service background and a team-oriented work ethic.
- Have at least 1,200 hours of flight time as a pilot, including: 500 hours of Multi engine; 250 hours of Turbo engine; 75 hours of Actual or Simulated Instrument Time, 50 of those hours in actual flight.
- Familiarity with the issues and challenges of flight operations in cold climates.
- Speak and write fluent English.
- FCC Radio Telephone Operators Permit.
- Possess a passport and valid driver's license w/clean driving record, no accidents, incidents, violations, DUI or DWI.
- Exceptional communication and computer skills with an ability to interact in a professional, trustworthy and confidence inspiring manner with clients and internal staff at all levels.
- Ability to pass a background check, pre-employment drug screen, and random drug screens.
- Northern Airways is very accommodating and offers scheduling that works for most pilots based on your availability. We are a service industry dedicated to meeting client flight needs and may require pilots to be flexible to work nights, occasional overnights, weekends, and holidays if needed.
- Willing and able to relocate to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan or Northern Wisconsin.
INTERESTED? Apply online at kubickaviation.hirescore.com