Horner Flooring seeks an energetic and positive individual to join our team in Dollar Bay, Michigan as an Accounting Clerk/Clerical Assistant. In this position, the successful candidate will be the friendly voice and face our customers have come to expect when contacting our company. In addition, this person will be responsible for the efficient and accurate entry of data and invoices into our systems, filing, preparing mailings and various general office duties as needed.
We are a small, close-knit office environment. If you enjoy wearing many hats to keep an office running smoothly, we want to hear from you!
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS/SCHEDULE. A competitive pay package will be offered based on your knowledge and experience. In addition, we provide a 401k retirement plan, a stipend for your health insurance needs or to use as you see fit, paid vacation time, paid holidays, short-term disability insurance, and life insurance. This is a Monday-Friday full-time position with hours 8am – 4:30pm. Some flexibility on working hours is available.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL.
- An exceptional personality that is smart, flexible and works well in a small team.
- Through your interactions, you instill confidence and trust with our clients, vendors & staff.
- Previous experience working in an office setting performing general office tasks (greet visitors & answer phones in a cheerful and helpful manner, schedule appointments, handle traditional and online correspondence with accuracy, typing, proofreading, filing, preparing reports, copying, printing, organizing, ensure office is neat, stocked and ready for each day, maintain office supplies, etc.)
- Professional appearance, required.
- Proficiency w/computers and MS Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook calendar & email), required.
- Exposure to coursework or business experience involving accounting (AP/AR), invoicing, data entry and preparing reports preferred.
- Knowledge or experience with accounting software (MS Great Plains) helpful.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- A positive, motivated attitude that is flexible and works well within a team.
INTERESTED? Apply directly at hornerflooring.hirescore.com.
No phone calls, emails or walk-ins please.
ABOUT US. Learn more at hornerflooring.com