Iron County Central Dispatch (ICCD) seeks a level-headed, part-time 911 Dispatcher in Crystal Falls, Michigan. This position has the potential to transition into a full-time position. Successful applicants should be able to handle stressful, sometimes chaotic, situations in a calm and rational manner. New hires will work a variety of shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays, often on short notice.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE 911 DISPATCHER.
- Effectively prioritize situations and make decisions based on the information received.
- Work under stressful conditions and react appropriately.
- Receive and communicate information to and from several sources.
- Ensure calls for service are dispatched and monitored in a timely manner.
- Maintain respectful working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public.
- Maintain confidentiality.
COMPENSATION. $15.97 per hour, with opportunities for advancement.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED AS A 911 DISPATCHER.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to hear and understand multiple sound sources.
- Possess a clear, concise and understandable radio and telephone voice.
- Ability to function in a work environment with moderate noise level from several sources.
INTERESTED? Apply online at ironcounty.sdsjobs.com
No phone calls or walk-ins please.
ABOUT US. ICCD provides 24-hour emergency response coverage, 365 days a year. This agency dispatches for 12 law enforcement agencies, 18 fire departments, and 14 EMS agencies as well as numerous utilities and victim service agencies. ICCD prides itself on setting the pace and leading other 9-1-1 centers into the next generation. Learn more at ironmi.org/departments/e-911/